Getting A Medical Marijuana Card In Fort Myers, Florida
Getting your medical marijuana card in Fort Myers, Florida is easier than you might think. Medical marijuana has been consistently rising in popularity since it became legal in 2016 due to its propensity to help relieve a wide range of chronic conditions.
If you’re looking to utilize medical marijuana in Fort Myers, you may qualify if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Chronic Pain (Nonmalignant)
- Crohn’s Diseases
- Terminal Condition
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Diseases
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Even if you don’t see your specific condition(s) listed, chat with your doctor to find out if medical marijuana is the right choice for you. More likely than not, they’ll agree that you should give it a try.
How Do You Get Your License?
The process of getting your medical marijuana card involves a few simple steps.
- First, take this survey to see if you qualify. This survey quickens the process by giving you a straight “yes or no” answer. If you get a “yes,” then it’s time to move onto the next step.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at Emerald Medical Center. We have a handful of qualified medical marijuana doctors on our staff who are very experienced in the field and can guide you through the process with confidence.
- Before your appointment, compile your medical records in order to bring them with you. Or, if you’d rather, fax is also available. Fax your records to us securely at 855-963-2545. (Such medical records should hold evidence of a prior condition that calls for your use of medical marijuana.)
- At your appointment, chat with your doctor about your condition to confirm that medical marijuana is the right choice for you.
- If your doctor comes to the conclusion that medical marijuana is a good fit for you, it’s time to fill out an application to obtain a license within the state of Florida. There is a $75 application fee that goes along with this.
- It typically takes the state about 2-4 weeks to process your application, but if you are approved, you will receive a confirmation email. After printing this email out and bringing it to any certified dispensary, you’ll be able to use it as your legal license while waiting for your card to come in the mail.
Obtaining a medical marijuana card does not mean you can grow your own marijuana. In Fort Myers and the entire state of Florida, only dispensaries are allowed to grow, process, and distribute it.
Also, your medical marijuana card is not valid across state lines, even if the state in which you are traveling has legalized cannabis.
Contact Our Fort Myers Medical Marijuana Clinic
Schedule an appointment at our Fort Myers Clinic or one of our other convenient locations in Southwest Florida.
Give us a call at (239)307-0841 to find out if medical marijuana is the answer you’ve been looking for. At the very least, consider coming in for a consultation with our trusted medical cannabis doctors.
8646 Gladiolus Dr #404
Fort Myers, FL 33908
INITIAL CONSULTATION - $189
- Visit includes personal consultation
- Detailed education on safety, products, and medical dosages
- Assistance with State of Florida online license registration (A separate $75 annual registration fee paid to the State of Florida)
RECERTIFICATION - $149
- $149 fee fulfills the state required doctor’s visit every 210 days (7 months)
- Veterans and first responders: recertification is $124 ($25 discount)
- Visit includes a review of your products, dosages, and advice on how to optimize your results
- Telehealth appointments are for Recertifications only and are also $149.