Getting A Medical Marijuana Card In Cape Coral, Florida
On June 15, 2017, Governor Rick Scott signed a bill that legalized cannabis in the state of Florida. This means, since July 1, 2017, people suffering from the many qualifying conditions have been able to purchase cannabis containing THC.
The use of medical marijuana goes further than providing relief for chronic pain and other ailments. It can also benefit patients who are tired of taking certain prescription drugs and want to try a natural solution.
Luckily, the process of acquiring a medical marijuana card in Cape Coral, FL is straightforward and well-organized at Emerald Medical Center.
Steps to Obtain a Medical Marijuana Card in Cape Coral, Florida:
Follow these simple steps to get your legal license in the state of Florida:
- First of all, you must be a legal Florida resident.
- You must be 18 or older. If you are under 18 years of age, you need parental consent.
- Schedule an appointment with a physician at Emerald Medical Center in Cape Coral, Florida
- You must be able to provide proof of residency.
- A physician will perform a medical exam and ask you a few questions to see if you’re a good fit for a medical marijuana license. If you qualify, they will log you into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, which confirms that cannabis is a correct and effective treatment for your medical condition.
- You can’t apply for a license until you are in the registry.
- You do NOT need a referral from your primary care physician.
- Next, either you or your doctor can submit your application online to obtain your medical marijuana card.
- This is the longest part of the process. It can sometimes take up to three weeks for results to come back.
- If you are approved, you will get an email confirming your approval. Before your card comes in the mail, you can use the confirmation email at any dispensary.
- The fees are as follows:
- The payment to meet with a physician, which varies.
- The registration fee for the application, which is $75.
- Your medical marijuana card must be renewed every 7 months. You can contact Emerald Medical Center to confirm this recertification fee.
Obtaining a medical marijuana card does not mean you can grow your own marijuana. In Cape Coral, and the entire state of Florida, only dispensaries are allowed to grow, process, and distribute it.
Also, your medical marijuana card is not valid across state lines, even if the state in which you are traveling has legalized cannabis.
Contact Our Cape Coral Medical Marijuana Clinic
Schedule an appointment at our Cape Coral Clinic or one of our other convenient locations in Southwest Florida.
Give us a call at (239)307-0841 to find out if medical marijuana is the answer you’ve been looking for. At the very least, consider coming in for a consultation with our trusted medical cannabis doctors.
2924 Del Prado Blvd Unit 3
Cape Coral, FL 33904
INITIAL CONSULTATION - $189
- Visit includes personal consultation
- Detailed education on safety, products, and medical dosages
- Assistance with State of Florida online license registration (A separate $75 annual registration fee paid to the State of Florida)
RECERTIFICATION - $149
- $149 fee fulfills the state required doctor’s visit every 210 days (7 months)
- Veterans and first responders: recertification is $124 ($25 discount)
- Visit includes a review of your products, dosages, and advice on how to optimize your results
- Telehealth appointments are for Recertifications only and are also $149.