The calm, soothing effect of cannabis and tea is quite unmatched. So, you can imagine the pleasure a cup of cannabis infused tea could bring. Here’s good news because you can get your hands on this wonderful product.
There are several ways to enjoy cannabis, including using it in the form of edibles, oils, pre-rolls, tinctures, and dabs. Although cannabis products like gummy bears have been a popular choice of edibles for a while now, cannabis infused tea and beverages are gradually increasing in popularity, and you don’t want to be left out. Today, there are several cannabis beverages and tea products to choose from. Still, this article will only focus on cannabis infused tea and how to easily make and enjoy it in the comfort of your home.
The perfect companion when stuck at home
The past months have been tough on most people, especially considering how long they have been stuck in their homes because of the COVD-19 pandemic. Infused beverages like coffee and tea became a preferred option for many people as they sought a relaxing way to get through the quarantine situation. Sipping on some cannabis infused tea is one sure way to release stress and unwind without worrying about extreme psychoactive side effects.
Beyond relieving stress, opting for cannabis infused tea is an excellent way to give your lungs a ‘breather’ from smoking cannabis or vaping. Even with quarantine measures easing considerably, nothing should stop you from preparing and enjoying a nice cup of cannabis infused tea. It will only take you 15 minutes to prepare one.
Making your cannabis infused tea: things needed
Here are the things needed to set you off.
- Four cups of water
- Half a cup of milk
- A strainer
- Ig of ground cannabis
- One tea bag
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
Making your cannabis infused tea: the process
After getting all your ingredients, follow the steps below to get your cannabis infused tea ready in no more than 15 minutes.
- Step one: Boil your water in a pot.
- Step two: While your water boils, add your coconut oil and stir to dissolve.
- Step three: Add the ground cannabis to the boiling solution and lower the heat to avoid burning the terpenes and losing the flavor.
- Step four: Allow your mixture to cool down at a low temperature for about ten minutes. At this point, you can choose to add a bit more flavor if you prefer by reducing the heat to the barest minimum and allowing the solution to simmer for about 20 minutes. The cannabis can blend perfectly and release its true terpenes into the mixture. But this is optional.
- Step five: Empty your mixture into a cup through your filter to remove the ground cannabis bits.
- Step six: Drop your preferred tea bag into the cup and get ready to enjoy. If you prefer to add any sweetener, mint, cinnamon, etc., to add more taste and flavor, you can do so at this point.
- Step seven: Stir and allow your tea to sit for a couple of minutes for the teabag to settle.
- Step eight: You can remove the teabag, stir one final time and enjoy.